FAO Science and Innovation Forum 2022 will focus on highlighting the centrality of STI for agrifood systems transformation. The event will encourage a diversity of perspectives based on science, thereby facilitating rationalization and inclusiveness of debate.
The FAO Science and Innovation Forum will be organized together with the World Food Forum (WFF) and Hand-in-Hand Investment Forum in the week of 17th October 2022.
More specifically, the objectives of the FAO Science and Innovation Forum are to:
- Share robust science and evidence-based options for more efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agrifood systems.
- Assist countries in making informed decisions regarding the co-creation, adaptation and adoption of appropriate and context-specific technologies and innovations.
- Explore scientific and technological advances and associated risks and opportunities.
- Promote effective science communication, including by engaging on contentious issues.
- Analyze options for strengthening science and evidence-based decision-making.
Read more on the FAO Science and Innovation forum.