The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries.
CIMMYT is looking for an outstanding, self-motivated, and result-oriented professional for the position of Framing systems expert to coordinate and support the implementation of the farming systems component of the Sustainable Agrifood Systems Project in Sudan (SASAS). The position offers a career opportunity for a researcher interested in the research and use of sustainable farming systems intensification and new tools and techniques of agronomic management practices towards climate adapted and resilient agrifood systems.
The successful candidate, together with partners, will implement CIMMYT’s research and development portfolio in Sudan under the SASAS project.
The location of this position will be Khartoum, Sudan.
• Co-design, coordinate and execute farming systems research and development activities in collaboration with partners.
• Contribute to analysis of determinants of yield gaps and natural resources changes in diverse production systems and agro-ecologies in Sudan.
• Define needs and use opportunities for fostering sustainable, resilient, and profitable farm management technologies for sustainably narrowing yield gaps in collaboration with partners.
• Collate, curate, and analyze climate, soil, crop and management, natural resource, and livestock data from different sources and different spatial and temporal scales.
• Provide technical backstopping to different collaborators in the development of efficient and dynamic farming system interventions.
• Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of agronomists, crop/farming system modelers, data scientists, social scientists, remote sensing specialists, and soil scientists to advance the Sustainable Agrifood Systems work in Sudan.
• Summarize and communicate project activities and outcome results to various audiences, while contributing to annual and semi-annual reports.
• Publish research results in peer-reviewed publication outlasts.
Candidates must apply online
Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Monday, April 24th, 2023. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.