Partnership and Resource Mobilization Specialist
The Partnership and Resource Mobilization Specialist will focus on establishing new and strengthening existing relationships with resource partners to support GFAR and its members, liaise and mobilize financial and human resources in support of their work.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Secretary, GFAR-OING; working closely with the team in the GFAR Secretariat.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Draft a Partnership and resource mobilization strategy and support the effective mobilization of resources by identifying and applying to funding sources.
- Advocate for support to GFAR’s and its members work.
- Identify funding opportunities and draft applications (concept notes, project proposals).
- Engage resource partners (bi-and multilateral public funding sources as well as private funding sources including philanthropies), know their rules and regulations, strategic priorities, funding streams, visibility, and reporting requirements.
- Gather donor intelligence, develop strategic donor engagement plans and a partnership strategy that provides a healthy environment for improved research and innovation.
- Plan, prepare and participate in partnership and resource mobilization missions and activities inter alia GFAR’s Partners Assembly) in accordance with FAO rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree in university degree in international relations, social sciences, economics, agricultural sciences or any other discipline relevant to the work of the Organization.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in experience in establishing and managing networks in governmental institutions or international organizations including the organization of international high-level events/summits
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese Russian for Consultants. Working knowledge of English is sufficient for PSA.SBS.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work.
- Proven experience in drafting partnership and resource mobilisation strategies.
- Proven success in mobilising resources.
- Extent and relevance of experience in establishing alliances, partnerships and networks particularly related to agriculture.
- Extent and relevance of experience in advocacy and outreach.
- Extent and relevance of knowledge and experience in leading and facilitating multi-stakeholder processes.
- Demonstrated experience in developing productive relationships with resource partners (governments, foundations, private sector entities, multilateral organizations such as EU or other UN agencies)
- Strong interpersonal skills to relate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency