To apply, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “FMA Application”
The Asian Farmers Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA) is currently looking for a Senior Financial Management Advisor.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assess the financial management capacity and internal controls system of the NIAs at the time of selection (as part of the due diligence process) and/or during program implementation (for the contracted NIAs); identify weaknesses and risk areas and issue recommendations for improvement of systems and risk mitigation.
- Review draft memorandums of agreement and partnership agreements related to the programs and provide advice as needed prior to finalization and signature of the agreements.
- Lead the design (or improvement) of the programs’ financial systems and processes and internal controls at RIA and NIA levels, ensuring compliance with the terms of the grant agreements, MoAs, and the donors financial management requirements.
- Assess the needs and develop a financial management capacity building plan at RIA and NIA levels with clear key performance indicators and timelines; assist the RIA and NIAs in implementing the plan.
- Based on the needs assessment and the capacity building plan, conduct on-the-job mentoring and group trainings of RIA and NIA staff in financial management (including budgeting, forecasting, accounting and financial reporting), and procurement.
- Support the AFA finance team and the NIAs in the design and drafting of financial and administrative procedures manuals.
- Review annual work plans and budgets for each program to ensure proper allocation of funds in accordance with grant agreements and MoAs; provide guidance for the RIA and NIAs on budget monitoring.
- Ensure financial reports prepared by the NIAs are accurate and reliable, submitted on a timely basis and in compliance with the terms of the MoAs and the RIA and donors’ requirements.
- Support the RIA in implementing reliable processes for the examination of NIAs’ financial reports so as to ensure thorough verification and authentication of program expenditures, as well as the identification and duly reporting of any ineligible expenditure.
- Support the RIA finance team in the timely preparation of quality financial reports and analyses for the AFA senior management, Board of Directors and for the donors.
- Support the RIA and NIAs in the preparation of donors’ supervision or evaluation missions as well as external audits.
- Follow-up on the implementation of IFAD supervision missions’ and audit missions’ recommendations by the RIA and the NIAs.
- Provide an advisory role on financial management, procurement, contractual arrangements and administration to the RIA and NIAs as requested.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance and/or Accounting
- Professional qualification in Accounting (CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Minimum 20 years experience in progressively responsible positions in accountancy and financial management, including at least 5 years in external audit and at least 5 years as Head of Finance in an international organization/agency or in large multilateral donor-funded programs or projects
- Experience working internationally and managing multimillion-dollar budgets
- Experience in risk management and due diligence processes
- Experience in procurement and associated oversight
- Experience in assessing capacity building needs and strategies, and delivering training
- Excellent knowledge of financial control processes and protocols and financial reporting systems
- Full IT proficiency (including Microsoft Office suite and accounting software/ERP systems)
- Strong report writing/presentation skills and ability to communicate with senior-level officials and non-financial experts
- Fluency in English
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- High level of rigor and attention to detail and accuracy
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the multi-cultural and diverse environment in which AFA operates
Find more information here.