The Living Territories 2018 International Conference will be held at Le Corum in Montpellier, France from 22 to 24 January 2018.
CIRAD is working with a range of partners to organize an international conference titled:
"Living Territories for a Sustainable Development"
The aim of this event is to debate the role of rural territories and of their interaction with urban areas
to the achievement of sustainable development, both locally an globally.
Up to 250 participants are expected from 22 to 24 January 2018.
- Dr Julio Berdegue, Regional Representative for Latin America and the Caribbean, FAO, Chile.
- Dr Bruno Losch, Co-director, Center for the Study of Governance Innovation (GovInn), based at the University of Western Cape,
South Africa, and lead political economist at CIRAD.
- Dr Ibrahim Mayaki, CEO, Secretariat of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development, NEPAD, South of Africa.
- Pr Saskia Sassen, Robert S. Lynd Professor of Sociology and member of the Committee on Global Thought, Columbia University, USA.
- Dr Sara Scherr, President & CEO, EcoAgriculture Partners, USA.
Visit the conference website here.
For further information: livingterritories2018[at]cirad[dot]fr