Days: 3 days a week (with potential to grow)
Start: July 2018
* Able to work from anywhere with good connectivity. Some occasional face to face work with the core team. Ideally located near Oxford/London.
We are a community development organisation. Our work captures the best aspects of communications technology and participatory techniques; supporting communities to explore their issues and devise solutions to the challenges they face.
The candidate needs to be passionate about humanity, community development and social justice, bringing the InsightShare Network’s inspiring, real-life community engagement projects to life for a broader audience.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordination of our external communications in order to raise our profile and the great work being carried out by the communities and partners we are working with on the ground;
- Effective documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices with a greater audience (in the development sector);
- Coordinating and supporting our internal communications (reporting, sharing project information, presentations and other documentation);
- Development and implementation on an effective strategy to grow our social media audience and engagement;
- Coordination and proactive management of our website,all our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Youtube) and our news mail-outs;
- Communications and marketing for our UK and international facilitator trainings;
- Effective communicator (both online and face to face), with excellent written and oral skills in English (fluency in Spanish, Portuguese or French is a bonus)
- Video editing skills, with particular ability to prepare videos for social media – titles/square, live youtube, etc.
- Experience with developing a realistic and effective communications strategy
- Experience with managing communications across cultures and countries
- Experience with writing blogs
- Knowledge and proven ability of maintaining and updating websites (wordpress)
- Experience with events planning, including online events (webinars, eventbrite)
- Effective archiving and database management skills
- A degree in communications (or equivalent experience)
- A wide network of media contacts is an asset to the role
- Send a CV (2 page max) and a cover letter (1 page max) to info[at]insightshare[dot]org with the subject “Communications Manager” by 1st July 2018 8 am GMT+1
- Include a portfolio of previous work, including at least one piece of writing in English and an example of video editing.
Download this vacancy in pdf format here